Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here we come Indy, here we come...


Well after many failed attempts of trying to go on our vacation to Indianapolis, we are finally leaving tomorrow. And our kids don't even know it yet! We will wake them up early tomorrow and boy will they be shocked when we drive by the school and don't stop. I think the excitement of the surprise makes me just as giddy as finally leaving for vacation. So Buff Jen if you are reading this, you'll be getting a phone call soon! :-) Anyway we will be visiting the USS Indianapolis Museum that ship my grandpa proudly served on during WWII. He was the one who received the call in Pearl Harbor stating they had found the ship had been sunk. All my grandfather's friends had perished. Most were eaten by sharks. It is a very famous movie but I don't remember what it is called. We will also be visiting the Children's Museum and the zoo, and depending on what hotel we stay at, possibly an indoor water park. So off we go! Better late than never as they say!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm heartbroken! I didn't know you were coming to Indy, that's where we live!! We could have met at the museum or the zoo. Bummer. When you coming back??

Melissa from the TTC board