Today at church I heard a quote that I can't get out of my mind. And in this adoption process it just seems fitting to discuss it here on my adoption blog. "You should never apologize for following God's commands." So it makes me think....what about, "You should never be ashamed for following God's calling." "You should never be embarrassed by what God is having you do." Right??? So often during this process I've been nervous to tell someone because of what they'll say. I don't want to "stir the waters" as people say. It's my business and although I would love to talk about it all day long, I don't want to hear what negative comments someone might say. I guess I'm too much of a "people-pleaser". But I also get this "Mother Lion taking care of her cub" mentality because what people may or may not say is about MY daughter. I love her so much and I haven't even met her. Or let alone even know what she looks like. When I was pregnant I hated people to touch my belly. I always felt it was my personal place and MY child. So I guess words are "the touching of the belly" for me now. It's kind of like the old verbage, "Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words can never harm me." Seriously, what a crock of bologna is that. It does hurt and leaves a lasting impression. So when my pastor said that, "You should never apologize for following God's commands." he spoke right to my heart. I shouldn't be ashamed, or apologetic, or embarrassed by what God is leading me to. My BEAUTIFUL baby girl. Because what God leads you to, he leads you through.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment