
I received an update from my coordinator yesterday and my stomach fell. I thought I was gonna be sick. In this email it said that we needed to redo our POA and have them re-certified, and then sent to Washington DC to be authenticated. And they want them before we are to get a referral. I re-read it 5 times before I finally freaked out and called her. Here I was waiting for the phone to ring with a referral, but now it would be about another month for all that paperwork to be completed. Talk about feeling heartbroken! But she made me feel better and said that "No she didn't need it before a referral". Whew! So back to being paper-pregnant AGAIN! The third time in a year. Hopefully this will be the last time until we complete our referral paperwork.
{God please, oh please let us be blessed to get to see a picture of our little girl, sooner rather than later!}




5 comments:
I know the feeling. I have been thinking about it all day.
We didn't find out we needed to redo the POA until the day we got our court dates. Thankfully, I live close to our state capital and I was able to get everything FeExed to caring hands the next day. It of course costs more money, but it is pretty easy stuff to correct. Ours has been sent to Bethany, and hopefully on to Ethiopia.
Gretchen, hang in there :) This will all be over soon and we won't even remember it!!! We found out the same time Lynn did, and spent an entire day in the car to get state authentications, then extra money for overnight Fed Ex to Caring Hands. Caring Hands sent them to Michigan today, so hopefully they will get there in time along with Lynn's!!!!!! The adoption process is never boring...like a roller coaster!!
AWww Gretchen, I'm sorry! that's so frustrating! I keep waiting for your post that you've seen your baby angel too! your always in my thoughts and prayers!
Beautiful new pic btw.
UGH! How frustrating! Will be praying for a swift delivery and approval for this additional paperwork. And of course praying for "the call" to come ASAP :)
Off the topic, is the picture in this post your dog?
Post a Comment