Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dancing in the rain...

It's dark out.  And silent.  About 8PM and I am out sitting in the back yard on my deck.  The air is still.  The leaves aren't moving.  The smell of smoke in the air.  The taste of alcohol on my tongue.  My hair is dripping from my hot tub.  I feel hot but exhilerated.  We are talking of things to come.  My friends and I.  The air is so still.  It is eerie.  Darkness surrounds us when the leaves begin to rustle.  Far in the distance is lightning.  It seems like Fireworks, but the wind is picking up.  Slowly and slowly it begins to steadily increase.  The air is moving.  The heat from the hot tub is diminishing.  The thunder is rolling in, quietly.  Still we talk of things yet to be.  The lightning is pronounced and we learn it is not fireworks.  Thunder is louder, wind is stronger, tree limbs bend to the call.  Our hearts beat faster and our breathing becomes deep.  We are waiting for it to come...

My heart feels like that today.  Like I am waiting.  Biding my time.  For something BIG to happen.  But I don't know what it is.  My soul is stirring.  MY leaves are rustling!  MY limbs are moving to God's call.  MY air is picking up.  It will happen but I'm not sure what it is or when it will.  But I can feel it in my bones, as sure as the calm before the storm.  Something's about to happen.  I'm game, God.  Whatever it is, I hear you, and I'm ready!!!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain...

2 comments:

Court & Bob + the Fab Four said...

Gretchen, every post you make is so inspiring...I can actually say that I've cried every time I've read one of your posts...

Jaime & Kelly said...

Dancing with you!!! Love ya!!