Friday, November 5, 2010

Tears...






(My boy Jeffrey, on left, who wanted me to be his mom for a week.)

Today I am sad.  Too sad in fact.  I must get out of this house.  I am worried about Haiti.  I am thinking of the destruction already.  All the tent cities.  And "my" babies.  "My" children that live in an orphanage there.  They are always on my mind.  I remember perfectly the conversations we had about the eathquake.  How very scared they were.  Still very vivid in their minds 5 months later.  And now a Hurricane is set to hit there today.  Some of my friends from Tennessee, are there now, and are going to ride out the storm. They will help whomever they can in the aftermath. 
(My Beautiful girl Lucinda whom I pray for every single day)
*Photo Credit: Stephanie Walker*

My heart is in two.  I can't stop crying.  All I can say is WHY GOD?!  These people have nothing to get away from the storm.  No proper safe buildings.  All of them have damage!  I wouldn't feel safe in MY home riding out a Hurricane, and these poor people live in tents!!!!!  Oh God, I cry out to you.......Please....I am begging....What a helpless situation.  I feel so sad and helpless today.  Begging God to hear me praying, and He will say "Peace Be Still"....

Sometimes you just need a Mommy's lap to sleep on.