Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pause Button

Does anyone have a pause button?  Or one that can make you go back?  So far 2011 hasn't been a very banner year.  I feel like things are spinning out of control.  I'm begging for time to stop.  Praising God in that He is in control, when I feel like I'm not.  Secrets. Job losses.  I feel like I wanna crawl up in a ball and hide away, but I am trying not to.  Lots of things are out of my control right now, and I feel ashamed.  Not that any of it is my fault, but still the emotion takes over.  UGH.  2010 was the best year of my life!  I was so hopeful for 2011, but so far, I'm not so positive.  Someone please give me a reverse button...

I am SURE all of you have been there at some point in your life.  I am SURE you can all relate...

3 comments:

Sha Zam- said...

Gretchen- I feel like this most days! If it isn't in your control- than- it isn't. That isn't a flaw. It's fact. It's shaking things up. It's testing. How are you handleing it. How you come out on the other side. How you continue to walk with hope. Hope takes Faith.

(like I know what I'm talking about....)

I know this. ((HUGS))

George said...

I have an "easy" button in my office, if that will help ;-)

I'm sorry to hear things have been difficult so far this year, hopefully it will all turn around for the better.

Sheila said...

The Serenity Prayer is a favorite of mine so far this year!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

--

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6