My Little Miss Ethiopia is walking! She has been cruising furniture for several months now. Probably close to early fall, but she was so scared to let go! Then on 12-30 she took her first steps! She walked just a teeny bit a few different times. And then she just stopped. Sometimes I wonder if there is a disconnect between her brain and her ability to do things, but then she just starts to GO!!!
Today is Timkat. The most celebrated Holiday in Ethiopia. Grander than even Christmas! It is when they celebrate Jesus' Baptism. And so appropriately, TODAY would be the day that Yohanna would just decide to be a walker and no longer a crawler! She must've wanted to celebrate her Holiday with something special! She has walked everywhere today!!! If she falls, she gets right back up to walk some more! I am so proud of this little miracle.
She really has overcome some trials in her life, and just when I begin to think their is a disconnect, she proves to me how entirely perfect she is. I guess I have little faith. But everyday she is proving to me how great our God is. How mighty He is. And how perfect she was for our family. She is our little walking miracle of God's love. She is our little walking miracle of resilience. And she is our little walking miracle of prayers answered.
And did I mention that she is beginning to say Mama, and actually means ME! I guess I never really appreciated my other three saying Mama. It was just expected. But when this little orphan girl who had another Momma on the other side of the world, looks directly at me and calls me her Mom, my heart melts. I never want to take any of this for granted. No matter how hard it can sometimes be. I really do feel she is my gift. My treasure. My love. My heart. Have I told you I love her lately? That I adore her? I do you know. I really really do...
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I cant' believe she's walking! She's a beauty!
Love this post!!! I love you both!!
Post a Comment