Thursday, March 17, 2011

Drawn from Water...

My brothers and sisters, what good is it if people claim they have faith but don't act like it? Can that kind of faith save them?  Suppose a brother or sister has no clothes or food. Suppose one of you says to them, "Go. I hope everything turns out fine for you. Keep warm. Eat well." And you do nothing about what they really need. Then what good have you done?
It is the same with faith. If it doesn't cause us to do something, it's dead.  But someone will say, "You have faith. I do good works."  Show me your faith that doesn't do good works. And I will show you my faith by what I do.  You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that. And they tremble! 
James 2: 14-19


"It Began with Bale" from Drawn From Water on Vimeo.


This is an orphanage ran by 4 Americans.  They dedicate their life to this purpose.  To save lives.  To draw children out of the water.  To save them and give them their destiny.  When I contacted them they were very excited I was coming and are opening their doors to us.  What stories we will hear.  For so long I have been in awe of this organization.  To go there and sit amongst them will be a dream come true for me.  But they need formula.  A desperate need in fact.  So I am bringing them some.  I am trying to fill a suitcase full just for those babies.  The babies Drawn from Water.  Can you help me?  Any kind, any size, or a monetary donation is fine too.  I just want to give them something that they so desperately need in return to fulfill MY dream of sitting with them.  I may be a little starstruck though. ;0)  Thanks friends.  You know how much I value your friendship.  For years I have poured my heart out here.  Sometimes sad.  Sometimes mad.  Sometimes depressed.  But always hopeful.  Hopeful for what is yet to come.  Because I believe in every being in me that God is real.  Jesus is real.  And in them I lay my HOPE....

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thank you for your support of DFW orphanage. Just want to make sure you are aware of the most recent news coming from them. It's all so disheartening!!