Korah Trash Dump
Man digging for food.
I heard a team member say as we were leaving,
"This must be what hell is like."
That still gives me goosebumps and rings in my ears...
Look at the excitement of the girl on the left!
Her turn to get a new dress is next!
I traveled to the top of a Mountain, to pass out dresses to little girls. I watched boys fight over a single dress. I was reminded again, that when you have nothing, you will fight for anything. We went to a common known place where kids play soccer, so we could pass out new soccer balls, with a hope we could play too. Only to learn they were too worried if they put it down, someone might grab it, and they would lose their new ball. Mental note: Bring more balls! One for everyone!No one was going to get this girl's ball!
My heart swelled with love. My heart broke with love. I cried. I smiled. I laughed. I trembled with sadness. I grieved. I cried tears of joy. I was humbled. I was angry. I was excited. I was shocked by God's mercy. All in just 10 days.
I kissed an orphan boys palm of his hand. And then I closed it. Then I had him kiss my palm, and he closed it. Then I explained that way we will always be together. Whenever we miss each other, we just have to hold our fist tight and feel the love from the other. Our little handful of kisses. My heart swelled with love. My heart broke with love. I made bead necklaces, I facepainted, and I fell in love. I broke my own heart, because I fell in love so deeply with this one boy. I gave all I could to those children, in the one single week I was with them.
I have every intention of going over every part of my trip, but for now, I am just too emotionally exhausted. Oh, yeah and jet-lagged.




5 comments:
Love ya girl!!! Remember what happened the last time you told that hand kiss story!!! Come on now you need to get woke up and ready to go again, because I AM!!!!
Oh girl, you are truly amazing. I have told you this before, but you are such an inspiration. I had goosebumps reading this. I can't even imagine what you have experienced. Most of us sit in our every day lives and pretend "hell" like that doesn't exist. You seek it out and give all you can to make it better. I am amazed by you!
I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I got to meet you too!!!!!!!
Thank you for lovin on this adoption weary mama too :)
Welcome home. What a blessing you were to those you met and how blessed you are to have met them. Look forward to hearing more about your trip. Peace and goodness.
Thank you for sharing these pictures....Jaime sent me over to your blog!
Post a Comment