Friday, January 23, 2009

Overcoming Hurdles...


Well we overcame one hurdle, only to find another one. We finally got a secretary to pay attention to our medical letter and do it correctly. B picked it up yesterday, and I made copies of it today. So that chapter has been closed. Only to receive a phone call from the Secretary of State, where some of our paperwork is getting apostilled. Kathy, from the index department, called and said that the homestudy notary isn't valid in our state. Somehow her legal name and her stamp don't match. Something about her initials. So I immediately got on the phone with my social worker, only to find she wasn't working until monday. UGH. So ~hopefully~ she will be able to have another homestudy notarized monday. I will drive it 2 1/2 hours to Springfield, to meet Kathy, and pick up my paperwork. We are on the final lap but these hurdles are kind of frustrating me. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it IS getting brighter!

No comments: