Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ho-Hum....

(Anders Erikkson)

It's been many days since I've written a new post, and not much is going on worth writing about. And I'm not quite sure anyone is much reading this blog now since I made it private anyways. ;0) But here are some things wandering around in my head. So I thought I'd write how I got Esther Isabel's name. Well for those of you following for awhile, you know we have gotten Esther from the Bible. Esther was an orphan who was raised by her cousin Mordecai, who became a queen. Since she was a queen, she was able to save her people. So obviously there wasn't any more appropriate Biblical name for us, than, Esther. As for Isabel that's a different story. I have always loved that name, but don't like it shortened to Izzie, or Belle. Several months ago we were sitting with a Hockey wife, Mrs. Anders Eriksson (We LOVE hockey), and her daughter's name is Isabel. But she kept calling her, "Abbie". So I asked her, "I thought her name was, Isabel?" And she said it is, they just shortened it to A-be. Oh my gosh, I LOVED IT!!!! Every time I was pregnant I wanted to name my son Abe. My military husband said it was way too military, because of the Abram tank. So he vetoed it every time. When I told him his favorite hockey player happened to have an Isabel called A-be, he gave it two thumbs up! So even though her name is Esther, she will go by her middle name, Isabel, and sometimes we will shorten it to Abbie. So everyone wins. A Biblical upstanding name, my favorite name, and he gets to name his daughter, kind-of after hockey. LOL Everyone wins. We hope she likes it. I can't wait to know her other middle name, which will be her given Ethiopian name. She will have at least 2 middle names as her fellow brothers and sister! Laural Rose Kerce Almquist; Caleb William Richard Almquist; Samuel Riley Scott Almquist; & Esther Isabel ? Almquist

2 comments:

lmstephenson said...

I'm reading! Thanks for sharing how you got her beautiful name. Our baby probably won't have a name until we get a referral. My husband is funny about things like that. We didn't name our son until about two days before he was born. I wanted to name our daughter Annie or Mandy, but Matt chose her name Candace after we saw her picture. She is named after a girl he knew in high school that he really liked. Hmm...I wonder if he would let me name our next child, Adam after my first boyfriend?

Sherry said...

Beth Moore wrote a Bible study on Esther (you can find it online at Lifeway), it's very good...I'm doing it now and even if you do or do not share the same religious views, it is an amazing study because it goes into Esther's life in great detail. I'm learning quite a bit I never knew. Just fyi. I think it is a beautiful name :)