Thursday, June 18, 2009

Well Phooey!!!!!

I would like to tell you I have great news, but today was another disappointer!!! Ethiopia updates state that people requesting a girl will wait 6 months or possibly 7-8 months for a referral. When I signed on with the agency it was 1-3 months. When I hit 2 months it was upped to 3-4 months. And now I'm at 4 months and it has been upped to 6-8 months. Am I bitter?!?! Ummm yeah!!! (By the way, did I mention while we were trying to adopt domestic minority they told us the longest we would wait was 6 months. And we waited for almost a year before we finally gave up that route?!?!) I am stuck in a wheel that won't stop. I'm bouncing around and around and around and the freaking wheel won't STOP! I am losing hope that this really will happen. Bill leaves on monday and I wonder if we will even get a referral while he's gone. But I have decided if we don't have a referral by January 1, 2010 (Sam's 3rd birthday) it will be time to hang up the towel, and let this dream of another daughter go. It will have drug on for 2 years by then and too much of my life has been put on hold.

Plus I learned if by some miracle we had gotten a referral we still wouldn't travel before October. The courts are closed from August 7 - Sept 27. No news isn't good news, just typical....

4 comments:

riversnake said...

Gretchen, do you at least get an explanation as to why the waiting period keeps getting put off? How frustrating!

Jaime & Kelly said...

Gretchen, I wish I had words that will make you feel better. I will say that when I first started the adoption process your blog was one of the first ones I read. Your passion was an inspiration to me. It seemed as if as you were writing many of my own thoughts. I was glad to know someone else felt the same as I. Please know you are heavy in my prayers and I don't want you to give up hope on this. I am sorry for your sadness and I cry with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry Gretch!

lmstephenson said...

Are you feeling better about things? You've been inmy prayers.