Yesterday rained. Actually it poured, so there was no celebration. But today there was. Caleb entered in the pedal tractor pull, and got 3rd place! Great job my handsome! (I wish I could post pics, but my husband has the computer that does that!)
Laural was in the parade for the Girl Scouts, wearing a shirt that had her last name on it. While walking and throwing candy, she saw a multi-racial family so she walked over to these kids and gave them extra candy. (Now bear in mind while she is telling me this, my body is begining to cringe worrying about what she might've said) SO she says (these are her words, not mine), "Mom I saw a white lady with a brown and a black kid. So I went over and gave them LOTS of candy. And then I said, we are adopting from Africa! Then the lady smiled at me and said, well this little boy is from Guatemala. And this little girl is from Africa. We were blessed to find our kids from a waiting list." Laural said she smiled, and the lady said, "We follow your family's story all the time through the newspaper. And we can't WAIT till you bring home your little sister!" Laural then told me she was falling way behind and so her Girl Scout leader had to hurry her up. I must say when she began to tell the story, my body really tensed up. But when the story was finished it was just another way that God inspired me. Our town is really small so I said, "Did you know these people, Laural?" (Because I didn't recognize them at all by her description) and she said, "No mom she said they just came in to watch their grandkids in the parade." So wow. I have told on this blog before how God has sent so many advocates to us during this adoption process, and who even knew Laural would be throwing candy, walking in a parade with her last name on her back, and would once again witness about God's love for the children of the world. But I guess God knew.....
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment